GENERAL SUCCESSES OF PAG
Since inception in 2001 Peace Ambassadors-The Gambia can boast of the following achievements:
- Recruited more than five hundred youths as members of the organization who are well trained in diverse skills as peace educators and advocates.
- Successfully conducted ten International Youth Summer Schools on Peace which trained more than a thousand young people and people working with young people.
- Contributed in building confidence in lots of Refugees from Cassamance who were in The Gambia that their home is safe to return.
- In 2006 the organization successfully met and discussed with the late Diamacoune Senghore former leader of the MFDC rebel group in Cassamance on how we can work together for peace to return to Cassamance.
- The organization has also participated in all the elections in The Gambia since the Presidential Election in 2006 as independent observers. Since then we are always invited by the Independent Electoral Commission to observe elections from campaign to voting and counting of votes.
- PAG has also for the past 15 years since inception been successfully able to run an office space that serves as the headquarters to run the day-to-day activities of the organization.
- Establishment of chapters in Senegal and in Guinea Bissau where we have members that are also trained as peace educators and advocates.
- The organization also has sent some of its members on international trainings on different areas, the most recent one was the President of the organization who attended a two weeks course on Border Security Management held at Kofi Annan International Peace Keeping Centre from the 13th to the 24th of June 2016.
- PAG was also able to secure a piece of land measuring 35 metres by 90 metres at Dimbayaa village where PAG intends to build a youth camp site and other trainings. The land was donated to us by the community free of charge.